Sunday, August 30, 2015

The blessing of good care

August 30, 2015
Each week at church, we have the opportunity to receive the sacrament.  This bread and water represents the sacrifice made by Jesus Christ in Gethsemane and upon the cross.  It is blessed and passed by young men, usually 12-18 years old.

As a young man brought the bread to me today, I noticed he was not looking directly at me but to the side.  I hadn’t noticed him walk towards me..   Therefore, when he returned to the front to prepare to pass the water, I watched more closely.  I watched him make his way down the row of chairs by keeping a hand placed on the chair in front of him.

This young man probably had a severe case of lazy eye.  Both of his eyes turned outward and he only had vision in one little corner of one eye.  This condition would have been treated and corrected if he lived where there was care.  I have a granddaughter Brooke, that has been successfully treated for this condition but the treatment has to start young.   But now, because of no care, this young man was mostly blind.

How thankful we should be for small blessings such as where we live or are raised. As I watched this young man, big smile on his face, maneuver his way around a large room with many people, I admired his courage and thanked my Heavenly Father for the care my little Brooke has received.


No comments:

Post a Comment