Monday, August 10, 2015

Simply stated, it is not of this world.

August 10, 2015
When this whole missionary adventure began in October 2013, I was saddened to read that the Mexico City temple would be closing in January 2014 for renovations.  The temple is very important to us Mormons.  It allows us deeper commitments to our Heavenly Father.  It also brings such blessings.

Even though I was sad, I knew we would be in Mexico City for the Open House and re-dedication of the temple scheduled for the summer of 2015. Having helped at the Open House of the Sacramento temple, I knew how exciting it would be!  I also hoped that some of our missionaries would be able to help.

The day has come!  Our sweet 17 sister missionaries will serve as greeters, showing the intro video, and answering questions in the reception area.  We have been practicing.  Today was the final training and tonight it opens for VIP's.  The sisters were told that they are the face of the church.  They will be watched and some life changing decisions may begin because of them.

Our little group of 19 (counting Keith and I) were the first group taken on the tour this morning.  Our tour leader was Elder De Hoys of the First Quorum of the Seventy.  As we walked through those sacred doors I was overcome.  Tears filled my eyes and I even made several small gasps as the spirit within those walls filled my heart.  The temple is exquisite, filled with crystal chandeliers and beautiful paintings of Christ.  Each room further confirmed my testimony of the existence of my Heavenly Father and His son, my brother, Jesus Christ.  No wonder we love the temple so much. Simply stated, it is not of this world.

Our sweet sisters saw the baptismal font, ordinance rooms, the Celestial room, rooms for the sealing of families and of course the bridal dressing room.  Tears flowed freely, many hugs were given, and we all walked out with our spirits celebrating.  What a blessing temples have been to my family and what a blessing this temple will be to Mexico City.


No comments:

Post a Comment