Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Elder Kleven

August 20, 2014
No one was more excited to train a new missionary than Elder Kleven.  As soon as he was told by the President that he would be training, he started to make notes and plans.  Elder Kleven is not a quiet sit around kind of guy.  He has the energy and spirit of an eight year old.


He arrived on Tuesday to meet his new companion.  We had about 50 missionaries out in front of the church practicing “contacting.”  Elder Kleven walked up and surveyed all the participants, turned to me and said, “I know who is going to be my companion.  I just feel inspired.  It’s that one over there, in the brown suit!”  He continued, “You don’t have to tell me, but really – it’s him isn’t it?”  I said, “The one in the brown suit – that one – do you mean Elder Alldredge?”  “Yes – that’s him, right?” he said.  My response: “Elder Kleven, Elder Alldredge has already been here for a year!”  Kleven: “So much for my inspiration!”  

No comments:

Post a Comment