Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas distractions know no international boundaries

December 14, 2014

Christmas is always so busy.  I had hoped it would be a little different down here – that was just a dream.  I guess I thought I was always so busy because I lived in Oroville.  Wrong! Although the distractions are different, they exist none the less!

Distractions this week: broken garbage disposal, broken dryer, broken freezer, and van in body shop (another story), 7 hour long Christmas Party for 206, Elder at hospital, 2 Elders staying with us for 2 days, training meetings,  and one tired body.

Every Christmas day, I look back at the month of December and wish I had spent more time contemplating the birth of Christ and less time being pulled in many “Christmas” directions.  After all, Christ is the reason that we even have this holiday.  Once again, as in years past, I will try and have a stronger focus on Jesus Christ in the coming days.  What a blessing that our Heavenly Father loved us enough to send His son, Jesus Christ, to redeem this world.  What a difference that one baby made.

Focus Susan, Focus!


No comments:

Post a Comment