Sunday, June 1, 2014

19 Days left

June 1, 2014 

We are sitting on day 19-unbelievable!  How in the world do you describe these feelings?  I can’t describe them in English say nothing of Spanish!  My oh my…

With the Mission President Seminar around the corner, we received some additional study materials.  We laughed as we traveled to Folsom the other day.  I drove, and Keith read aloud some of the materials.  The subject matter was “Using Time Wisely” and here we are doing it through the downtown traffic of Sacramento.  Loved it.

I wanted to share a one of the scriptures under “How to Be a Successful Mission President.”  They touched our hearts because they are about the blessings that come to families as they send out missionaries.  When we first started this journey with all its emotional times, I found the most solace in my faith that my family would be blessed as Keith and I served.  These scriptures testify of that very thing.  Sidney Rigdon and Joseph Smith were concerned about their families as they were out serving a mission.  The Lord answered saying:
D&C 100:1 “Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you, my friends Sidney and Joseph, your families are well; they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power.”

We used to marvel at the wonderful letters we would receive from our children as they served as missionaries.  We would say our mail box glowed when it held a letter from our first missionary, Laura.  We always felt so blessed because of their faithfulness. And now it is our turn.  We have a complete testimony of how our family will be watched over and protected.




No comments:

Post a Comment